Applications for the 2021-2022 school year now being accepted for grades 11 and below.
Application period for the 2021-2022 school year will open January 11, 2021.
Bethel Baptist School is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency to issue form I-20 to qualified applicants. This form is necessary to receive an F-1 Student Visa. Once you have received your I-20, you may review this website for instructions on applying for your F-1 Student Visa: U.S. Visas
To attend Bethel Baptist you must:
- Be proficient in English (Bethel is an English-only campus)
- Arrange your own housing
- Submit the application documents to email@example.com.
- After acceptance, pay the non-refundable registration fee and all tuition and fees for the entire year by check-in day, August 10, 2020.
- Take exams when scheduled. Students are not allowed to take exams early or late. Please adjust travel schedules accordingly.
To apply, download the application documents, then submit the following:
- Completed Application and Registration forms
- Two Recommendation forms from teachers, leaders, or school officials
- Three most recent transcript translated into English
- Latest report card and achievement test scores
- Copy of passport information page (color) and birth certificate
- Immunization Records (required by the State of California)
- I-20 Form from previous school (if applicable)
- Copy of a recent bank statement translated to US dollars for proof of financial viability (no older than two months)
- A letter from a responsible parent or guardian in California who is assuming responsibility for the student. A sample guardian letter can be found here.
- Students currently in the United States must schedule an interview with school administration.
- If the student is not currently in the United States, please schedule a Skype interview and submit a video responding to the following questions in English. It is important that the student demonstrate proficient English skills by answering the questions below in a natural style. They should not be read or memorized.
- Explain why you want to study in America.
- Describe your special talents, abilities, or interests.
- Describe both your short-term (high school) and long-term (college or career) academic goals.
When Bethel has received the completed application, including all documents* listed above, the school will carefully review the application to determine if it meets all admission requirements. This process may take up to two weeks. Please apply well in advance of the new school year.
Bethel will then notify you of acceptance or denial. If you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter via e-mail and a completed form I-20 via postal mail. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to submit the I-20 to the US Embassy of the student’s home country to receive the F-1 Visa. (Note: the US Embassy will only issue a student visa within 120 days of the first day of school.)
Before the student can begin classes, three further steps must be completed:
- Payment of the mandatory school fees (registration, tuition, and activities fee) no later than check-in day.
- Student must obtain health insurance that will remain in effect for the entire time that the student is attending Bethel Baptist School. For an insurance agent referral, click here. For an online source, click here.
- The student must also bring the passport and visa to the school. In order to attend classes, an F-1 visa (student visa) is required.
Email all application information and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All documents must be less than two months old, and should be submitted in pdf or jpg format.