Applications for the 2021-2022 school year fall semester are now being accepted.
Thank you for your interest in the International Student Program at Bethel Baptist School. Students from places such as Hong Kong, China, Vietnam, Korea, Singapore, France, and Norway have had successful experiences at Bethel. Many have gone on to attend top universities like UCLA, UCI, UC Davis, UC Berkley, University of Massachusetts, and Cal Poly Pomona and San Luis Obispo just to name a few. Our graduates benefit from the “Bethel Advantage” of an advanced rigorous curriculum taught in a loving supportive atmosphere. We look forward to getting to know you.
Bethel Baptist School is authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency to issue form I-20 to qualified applicants. This form is necessary to receive an F-1 Student Visa. Once you have received your I-20, you may review this website for instructions on applying for your F-1 Student Visa: U.S. Visas
To attend Bethel Baptist you must:
- Be proficient in English (Bethel is an English-only campus)
- Arrange your own housing (referrals are sometimes available)
- Submit the application documents to email@example.com.
- After acceptance, pay the non-refundable registration fee and all tuition and fees for the entire year by Check-In Day, August 16, 2021.
- Take exams when scheduled. Students are not allowed to take exams early or late. Please adjust travel schedules accordingly.
You may download the Application Procedures Brochure for detailed instructions. To apply, download the required documents, then submit the following:
- Completed Application and Registration forms
- A $50 Application Fee
- Two Recommendation forms from teachers, leaders, or school officials
- Three years of the most recent transcripts translated into English
- Latest report card and achievement test scores
- Copy of passport information page (color) and birth certificate
- Immunization Records (required by the State of California)
- I-20 Form from previous school (if a transfer student)
- Copy of a recent bank statement translated to US dollars for proof of financial viability (no older than two months)
- A letter from a responsible parent or guardian in California who is assuming responsibility for the student. A sample guardian letter can be found here.
- Written essay based on three questions provided by administration.
- Schedule an interview (in person or online) with school administration. It is important that the student demonstrate proficient English skills by answering the questions below in a natural style. The answers should not be read or memorized, and the student may not have a translator or any assistance during the interview.
- Explain why you want to study in America.
- Describe your special talents, abilities, or interests.
- Describe both your short-term (high school) and long-term (college or career) academic goals.
When Bethel has received the completed application, including all *documents listed above, the school will carefully review the application to determine if it meets all admission requirements. This process may take up to two weeks. Please apply well in advance of the new school year.
Bethel will then notify you of acceptance or denial. If you are accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter via e-mail and a completed form I-20 via postal mail. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to submit the I-20 to the US Embassy of the student’s home country to receive the F-1 Visa. (Note: the US Embassy will only issue a student visa within 120 days of the first day of school.)
Before the student can begin classes, three further steps must be completed:
- Payment of the mandatory school fees (registration, tuition, uniform, and activities fee) no later than check-in day.
- Student must obtain health insurance that will remain in effect for the entire time that the student is attending Bethel Baptist School. For an insurance agent referral, click here. For an online source, click here.
- The student must also bring the passport and visa to the school. In order to attend classes, an F-1 visa (student visa) is required.
Email all application information and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All documents must be less than two months old, and should be submitted in pdf or jpg format.